Before You Leave Home
Make Sure You are Insured
As with all sports and recreation activities, there is some risk of injury. While we have taken all precautions to make the event as safe as possible, please ensure that you have adequate personal medical insurance cover.
What to Wear & Bring… And What Not To!
You Should Wear:
- Your Columbia Jungle Run t-shirt
- Your race bib and safety pins
- Sports shorts that can get wet and muddy
- Sports shoes / trainers that can get wet and muddy!
- Mosquito repellent
- We recommend that long hair is tied back
You Should Bring:
- Water bottle
- A spare change of clothes – you will get sweaty, wet and muddy!
- A small towel
- Cash for food and beverage
- A GoPro or similar to capture on-course fun
- Covered storage will be provided for your bags and personal items (note: leave valuables at home)
Leave at Home:
- Valuables and jewellery – anything lost on or around the course may be hard to recover!
- Sandals/slippers/flip flops/Crocs – you must wear proper training shoes for the race
On Race Day
Listen Out for Announcements
We’ll make announcements over loudspeakers on the day and these will include important calls for your wave start, and any updates about course safety. Be sure to listen out.
Staying hydrated is essential before, during and after your Race. Please bring plenty of water, and continue to replenish after. There will be hydration stations along the course and an additional water station at the Start/Finish.
Collect Finisher Medals & Prizes
Once you’ve finished your race, you will be handed a finisher medal. Those in the Open – 10km category will also receive their Finisher t-shirt. The fastest three finishers in all categories except the Fun Run will win prizes. Approximate timings for prize giving will be 9:00am for Categories 2, 3, 4, & 5, and 9:45am for Category 1.
Drop Your Bags
Covered storage will be provided for your bags and personal items (note: leave valuables at home). This is kept at your own risk and that Centaurs Group will not be responsible for items left in provided storage.