Columbia Jungle Run
at Centaurs Sports Park
from 7.30am on Sunday, 6 October 2019
The first race briefing on Race Day will be at 7.30am.
The first Race Wave will start on the course at 8:00am.
Wave Timings for each Bib number will be allocated after Race Registration has closed, and you will be informed of your start time closer to Race Day.
Before You Leave Home
Plan Your Trip
The Jungle Run Walk Edition location is a 10 minute walk from public transport options, so you will need to plan your trip accordingly. The Course Info page has all these details and more.
Make Sure You are Insured
As with all sports and recreation activities, there is some risk of injury. While we have taken all precautions to make the event as safe as possible, please ensure that you have adequate personal medical insurance cover.
What to Wear & Bring… And What Not To!
You Should Wear:
- Your Columbia Jungle Run t-shirt
- Your bib with timing chip
- Sports shorts that can get wet and muddy
- Sports shoes / trainers that can get wet and muddy!
- Mosquito repellent
- We recommend that long hair is tied back
You Should Bring:
- Water bottle
- A spare change of clothes – you will get sweaty, wet and muddy!
- A small towel
- Cash for food and beverage
- A GoPro or similar to capture on-course fun
- Covered storage will be provided for your bags and personal items (note: leave valuables at home)
Leave at Home:
- Valuables and jewellery – anything lost on or around the course may be hard to recover!
- Sandals/slippers/flip flops/water shoes/Crocs – you must wear proper training shoes on our course
On The Day
Listen Out for Announcements
We’ll make announcements over loudspeakers on the day and these will include important course info and safety. Be sure to listen out.
Be Ready to Set Off
You do not need to sign in on the day – just be ready to set off on time. You will be notified of your Race Wave timings before Race Day.
Staying hydrated is essential before, during and after your time in the jungle. Please bring plenty of water, and continue to replenish after. There will be hydration stations along the course and at the Start/Finish.
Collect Medals & Prizes
Once you’ve finished your race, you will be handed a finisher medal.
Winners of first, second and third places in their categories should wait to collect their prizes and trophies at the prize-giving ceremony.
Drop Your Bags
Covered storage will be provided for your bags and personal items (note: leave valuables at home). This is kept at your own risk and that Centaurs Group will not be responsible for items left in provided storage.